For the longest I thought cowrie shells where just shells formed naturally. They’ve actually homed sea snails!
- There are over 200 different Species of them.
- They carry beautiful colored & pattered shells.
- Their shells are naturally shiny.
- Shells can range from 1/2 an inch long all the way up to a foot long!
- Cowrie was the shell used worldwide as shell money.
- They now are used more for art and jewelry, symbolizing wealth and femininity.
I hope you all enjoy these facts as much as I have!